PanAway: Soothe, Relieve, and Restore
This is the go-to oil blend for millions of people in the realm of all things muscle and joint-related. Achey, tired, overworked, or even injured body parts will be greatly aided by the topical application of this wonderful oil. I got it free this month (along with a ton of other muscle/joint/bone support oils) with January's Essential Rewards Promos!
PanAway is a powerfully relieving blend that comes in the Premium Starter Kit. It contains the following essential oils:
- Wintergreen - contains 98% methyl salicylate! Google it. A powerful aid for tendon, joint, cartilage, bone, muscular, and any other discomfort. The smell may be familiar, but beware of artificial wintergreen in those other products as it is a prevalent, weaker additive in over-the-counter creams.
- Helichrysum - a pricey and powerful irritation-reducer, circulation/blood vessel supporter, and cell regeneration accelerator in compromised tissues. It can speed healing and help with discomfort. Google this too! One of my favorites for first aid, and for more heavy-hitting issues!
- Clove - used for oral care for millennia (and currently in all the Thieves Oral care products), it plays a significant role in alleviating discomfort and protecting against secondary complications to injuries.
- Peppermint - alleviates discomfort with a cooling sensation, reduces irritation in stressed muscle tissues. Aids the transport of oxygen to muscles.
Uses for PanAway include:
- Exercise-related discomfort
- Sports-related issues
- Age-related joint achey-ness
- Muscle fatigue
- Back discomfort
- Nerve discomfort, and more.
Whether you're completely wary of and averse to physical activity, or are a once-in-a-blue-moon exerciser who frequently becomes aware of muscles you didn't know you had, or a total iron-pumping gym-junkie, this blend will be useful for you.
Just this year, this oil blend has been invaluable in helping my husband regain motion, function, and comfort in his leg (6 long years later!!) post-surgery on his ACL.
Support Inside & Out
Now, if you're thinking, "Gee, those ingredients look so good for me and my joints, I just want to ingest some PanAway!"... don't. But - you're on to something.
There ARE supplements that contain some of the key components of PanAway, like BLM (Bones, Ligaments, & Muscles) and AgilEase, that work synergistically with other incredible nutrition like Collagen Type II and MSM. These products are incredible for taking care of your muscular and skeletal systems from the inside out.
After my husband's experience with PanAway and these supplements, I highly recommend checking into these if your joints complain and keep you from being active, or... simply, if you're over the age of 45. The testimonials abound...just explore a bit! Here's a video of a naturopath comparing the two products.
PanAway is best used topically, rather than diffusing it or taking it internally. Here are some ways to use it:
- Straight (neat), or with a few drops of carrier
- Roller ball bottle
- Coconut oil balm
- With a roller fitment
(Did you know? The little roller fitment in the compartment underneath your starter kit oils fits on top of an oil bottle to make a roller bottle! I waited till my PanAway was 3/4 gone, then filled it with carrier oil and put roller fitment on. See a video here - there's a trick to getting it on the bottle!)
If you only get sore once in a blue moon, maybe just do a one-time dilution in your hand. But if you need muscle support regularly, or always tend to "feel it" whenever you workout, go ahead and make a whole roller ball bottle.
I usually dilute PanAway 1:6 or 1:7 (1 drop essential oil for about 6-7 drops carrier oil) for general support. This is great for massaging larger areas and using for basic muscle support post-workouts, etc.
I also have a more concentrated roller diluted 1:3 for more "acute" situations.
(Note: a 5ml roller is the same volume as your 5ml Starter Kit bottles, which is about 85-100 drops. The 10ml rollers are the taller ones. Yes...this type of thing might require a little bit of 3rd grade math, but don't sweat it. Dilution is more of an art than a science, so take them as loose guidelines. ;)
For Bumps, Bruises, Sudden Discomforts, etc.:
- Apply 1 drop PanAway neat (undiluted), or diluted with 1 drop carrier oil to the affected area. Repeat every few hours or as needed.
For General Muscle Support:
- On the fly: In your hand, put 1-2 drops PanAway and 6-7 drops carrier oil (like almond, fractionated coconut, apricot, or grapeseed), and massage the area.
- 5ml roller: Add about 15 drops of PanAway, and fill the rest of the way with a carrier oil. Roll over area and massage. (Double for a 10ml roller).
- Balm/Muscle Rub: Mash about 15 drops PanAway into a few tablespoons of coconut oil (whipping the coconut oil first with a hand blender helps). Use as needed.
For More Intense Support:
- 5ml roller: Add 25 drops of PanAway, and fill the rest of the way with a carrier oil. Roll over area and massage 2x daily.
Don't let your joints and muscles keep you from getting the physical activity you need. Support your systems, take consistent baby steps, and you'll be well on your way to the lifestyle changes that you hope for!